Thursday, April 5, 2007

300

Well, the craze of 300 had just started In my class this week, even though It was like out a few weeks back. I watched It only last week okay. Anyways, my brain Is just full of 300-ness and I can't really get It out. I even tried to be one of the spartans, using Daryl's rolled up sheets of paper as spears. That Is how much 300-ness Is In my brain.


























Basically, 300 Is based on the graphic novel, 300 If you haven't already known. The movie revolves around King Leonidas, the Spartan King guy (pictured above) and his army In the path of fighting the Persians. 300 brings a lot of historical figures like King Xerxes (the Persian King) , deformed Spartan wannabe guy, Queen Gorgo (Leonida's wife), the Oracle and a lot others even though Its a fictional account of the Battle Of Thermopylae, according to Wikipedia. Strangely enough, the deformed Spartan wannabe guy Is In fact real.

I was surprised that 300 wasn't as violent as I thought It would be. Sure, I got to see the Persians get speared, a Persian guy on a horse getting his arm cut off which fell to the ground, but I expected more blood, gore and even more tearing of limbs, crushing of bones and organs and just more blood spewing everywhere would make the movie even better. Apart from the violence, 300 also contains partial nudity. Don't get me wrong though, I wasn't very excited about the scenes either but Its In the movie so whatever. Its not my fault the producers wanted to add In nudity.























Now off to the real deal. The battle was cool. It was amazing to see how the 300 Spartans fought the million over Persians. The battle against the Immortals was even cooler, especially when Lenonidas chopped the uber Immortal's head off. It would occur that the Spartans would win It, but I would be lying If I said they did. They almost won, massacring most of the Persian soldiers and the Immortals, but they perished after the girly mann, King Xerxe's archers surrounded them and shot them dead. What kind freak of a king looks like a woman? Terrible casting for the Persian King, appearance wise I have to say.

Xerxes did give Leonidas an offer though. Surrender and he may keep his title as King Of Sparta and the Greek warlord guy.He declined, throwing his spear cutting
Xerxe's cheek. Hence, Xerxes ordered his archers to fire, killing the 300 Spartans, Leonidas dying last. The narrator guy ends the movie saying the Persians would face an even harder battle. It was hard enough to fight 300, what would they do when they now face 10,000 Spartans and 30,000 Greeks?

Overall 300 Is solid film. I enjoyed It. I would definitely recommend the movie to action movie enthusiasts. I can't really tell every detail of the movie, but I'm just giving the main scenes. Watch It for yourself, Its cooler than pie. For you
action movie enthusiasts, don't worry, theres plenty of action to keep you at the edge of your seat.


FOR SPARTAAA!

No comments: