Friday, February 23, 2007

Annoying habits while chatting (i)

I don't know about you, but I really dislike some habits that the person I chat to, does. Do they do It on purpose? Who knows. These are some of them that Is just freakin annoying.

1.Over usage of 'lol'. I'm fine If you use It a couple of times In one conversation but If you use It just too much, then you my friend have a problem. For example:

Me : Yo
Guy : Yo
Me : So hows life?
Guy : Good,
lol
Me : Anything Interesting happened today?
Guy : Yeah,
lol. Today I bumped Into a hobo, lol
Me : Was the hobo dirty?
Guy :
LOL! dirty. lolololololol
Me : Uh, okay
Guy :
lol
Me : Kay then, I gotta go
Guy :
lolz, laterz

Yes, I have experienced a chat like that before. Notice how guy uses 'lol' a lot event hough It was just a short conversation. This Is exactly what I'm talking about, over usage of 'lol'.

2. Talking In leet. If you don't know what leet Is, Its like a writing system online. Writing leet In leet would be like l337.

Guy :
1 |\/| 73}{ |>\|/N0n123.-. _|00 83 N199 |\/|3n2
Me : Sorry?
Guy :
| a|\/| +3}{ 835+ A|\||) +3}{ 5|\/|aR+35+ |>3R50|\| 0|\| +3}{ 3aR+}{
Me : Huh?
Guy :
_|00 4.-3 +3|-| 5+up|D35+ ||\| +3|-| \|/0.-|_D
Me : Aha
Guy :
5|-|u7 up _|oo |<|\|O\|/ |\|o7|-|1|\|' bou7 |_337
Me : Bye freak

That Is call a leet talker. What Is he trying to prove, I have no Idea. Sure, It does look cool, but Its rather hard to read.

3. Bad grammar and spelling. I don't expect the person I'm talking to have excellent English or anything, but there are times when their grammar and spelling of their words are absolutely wrong. For Instance:

Me : Are you going to school tomorrow?
Guy : Why Is you so wierd. Who liking to skool. Nothing will happen If I didn't come
tomorrow. Teacher won't skold.
Me : Are you sure?
Guy : Of course I sure. Why you didn't trust me Isit.
Me : You sound like you're lying.
Guy : You Is a sh!t . I hat you. You are suck and damn.
Me : Right.
Guy : I Is very mat at you now.
Me : Err...Okay.

The conversation above was an example of bad grammar and spelling. Notice how guy uses Is a lot. That Is one of the main grammar mistakes that they make while chatting.

That's all for this weeks annoying habits while chatting. I'll bring you the next Installment of this next Friday.

No comments: